School District and School Grades Determined Under the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act
Since the implementation of the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act, our district has made progress in addressing harassment, intimidation, and bullying incidents and improving the school culture and climate by systematically planning our district efforts to promote a positive school environment. These efforts include:
- Ongoing and comprehensive HIB training for all staff members.
- Development of School Safety Teams at each building led by the Anti-Bullying Specialist.
- Clear procedures for reporting all HIB incidents including a link to the HIB Incident Report form on each school’s website.
- Compliance with the BOE approved policy on HIB investigations including notification to the parents of alleged victims and alleged offenders, completion of investigation within 10 school days of the written incident report, and the results of every investigation reported to the chief school administrator within two school days of the completion of the investigation.
- District wide prevention efforts including:
- The observation of the “Week of Respect” and “School Violence Awareness Week."
- Explicit instruction in topics related to HIB.
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL), Character education lessons, conflict resolution, WORDS WORK, and Project Pride.
- Positive Behavior Supports (PBS)
- Student organizations
- Heroes and Cool Kids, Lead for Diversity, Peer to Peer Connections, Charger Pride Alliance and the Human Relations Committee.
- Cross Age Mentoring Programs (C.A.M.P.)
- Partnering with community groups and organizations
The 2019-2020 self-assessment helped our school district to identify areas for improvement in the following areas:
- A need for updated programs, approaches and initiatives which promote tolerance, embrace diversity, and explicitly teach social skills.
- District wide Social Emotional Learning (SEL) instruction and integration.
- A systematic and coordinated approach to incorporate Trauma Informed Practices as a means to create, support and sustain a safe and respectful environment for every child
For more information, please see the attached School District and School Grades Determined Under the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act document.