School District and School Grades Determined Under the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act
- Ongoing and comprehensive HIB training for all staff members.
- Development of School Safety Teams at each building led by the Anti-Bullying Specialist.
- Clear procedures for reporting all HIB incidents including a link to the HIB Incident Report form on each school’s website.
- Compliance with the BOE approved policy on HIB investigations including notification to the parents of alleged victims and alleged offenders, completion of investigation within 10 school days of the written incident report, and the results of every investigation reported to the chief school administrator within two school days of the completion of the investigation.
- District wide prevention efforts including:
- The observation of the “Week of Respect” and “School Violence Awareness Week."
- Explicit instruction in topics related to HIB.
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL), Character education lessons, conflict resolution, WORDS WORK, and Project Pride.
- Positive Behavior Supports (PBS)
- Student organizations
- Heroes and Cool Kids, Lead for Diversity, Peer to Peer Connections, Charger Pride Alliance and the Human Relations Committee.
- Cross Age Mentoring Programs (C.A.M.P.)
- Partnering with community groups and organizations
- A need for updated programs, approaches and initiatives which promote tolerance, embrace diversity, and explicitly teach social skills.
- District wide Social Emotional Learning (SEL) instruction and integration.
- A systematic and coordinated approach to incorporate Trauma Informed Practices as a means to create, support and sustain a safe and respectful environment for every child
In compliance with the New Jersey Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights, the Spotswood Public School District has put a strong set of resources in place to protect our students and foster a positive environment in which they can learn.
At each of our four buildings, a School Safety Team has been established to monitor and address any incidents of HIB among our students and to work collaboratively with students and staff to create great schools in which students feel safe and respected.